Cookies make for the perfect, casual dessert. Lil’ morsels of baked, sweet goodness, in bite-sized pieces that are perfect for sharing — or not. These cookies have a special ingredient: Peanot Cups. These tasty morsels come from the awesome people over at Premium Chocolatiers. They are nut free and allergy friendly, perfect for eating on their own or incorporating into awesome recipes much like this one.
Even though the product itself is peanut-free, dairy-free, tree nut-free, and gluten-free, I’ve added three of those back into this recipe because I love them. ;) You could definitely try these out with gluten-free flour if you prefer, but the peanuts, and coconut oil I’d leave as is. Just maybe, if you are allergic to peanuts, you could ground up some sunflower seeds, in place of the peanut powder. If you do, let me know how it goes!
Another cool product in these cookies, is the neat egg, which is made up of just ground chia seeds and garbanzo beans. This makes for a super wholesome egg-substitute to use in your favorite baking recipes, or even with the neat mixes. A huge plus is that the bags are resealable, so they’ll stay fresh for longer.
Now, even if I feel that these cookies are supremely delicious, the best test for them is to bring them to a potluck. This past weekend, that’s exactly what I did! It was a large potluck, filled with great food from many vegan bloggers, and these cookies definitely had some good feedback. Not to mention, I had my omnivorous parents give them a try and they gave two thumbs up. So, make these and you’re guaranteed some happy snackers!
- 1 neat egg (1 tablespoon neat egg powder+2 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2.8 oz. package Mini Peanot Cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the neat egg together and set aside to gel.
- Sift the flours, powdered peanut butter, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, coconut oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract and neat egg, until combined.
- Fold the wet mixture into the flour mixture until they are combined, with no dry spots. After combined, fold in the chopped mini peanot cups.
- Scoop the dough onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheets in heaping 1 tablespoon-sized mounds, about 2" apart, then flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms become golden around the edges. Cool on a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
About the Chef
Jackie Sobon is the chef and photographer behind the blog Vegan Yack Attack, cooking food and taking beautiful pictures of it is her passion and “Camera Eats First” is her motto. She has worked for Vegan Cuts for close to 3 years, photographed cookbooks for Happy Herbivore and Cupcakes & Kale, as well as for her own eBook, The Great Vegan Pumpkin. She has been featured on VegNews.com, as well as many top vegan blog lists and Chickpea Magazine.